Paginator question

Home Forums Porto – Responsive HTML5 Template Paginator question

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 1 month ago by Izzy. This post has been viewed 1177 times
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Izzy
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using newest version of Porto Template 4.5.0.
    It’s about portfolio-extra-pagination.html

You see if you click for example on Websites, then Show All, for a moment you can see all elements (12) then they shrink to one page (8 pcs). It’s a bit problem for more elements.

Also in case of 1000+ elements, you will need to include all of the elements into HTML code for pagination to work properly. This will lead to huge file.

Can you recommend me some kind of thought/solution how pagination should be done for huge number of elements? I know I can solve with normal pagination, but I like how elements scroll to new position if one category is selected.

regards
    Izzy

Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

1) There’s a problem when you click in “Show All” indeed, it will show all results for a second. We will make a few tests and fix it for the next version.

2) It’s complicated to make that kind of pagination combined with the isotope filter, if you will have too much items, my suggestion is to use a plugin that supports ajax, something like this one: http://www.xarg.org/2011/09/jquery-pagination-revised/ – So with that you can apply filters (not Isotope) and get the page items making an ajax request.

We will also consider to improve the portfolio pagination in the next version.

Kind Regards,

Jonas

Izzy
    Participant

Thank you for your fast reply.

In case you solve “Show all” problem earlier, is there a possibility to post a solution before new version?

best regards
    Izzy

Support
    Keymaster

Hello, Yes, we will work on that next week and let you know as soon as we have a fix for it.

Kind Regards,

Jonas

Support
    Keymaster

Hello, we have changed the portfolio and fixed that issue, please check it here:
    http://preview.oklerthemes.com/porto/4.5.1/portfolio-extra-pagination.html

We have just uploaded that version on ThemeForest, the fix will be available soon.

Kind Regards,

Jonas

Izzy
    Participant

Thank you I see that it’s working properly now.

However, on page load I can see the same behavior. When the page is loading all elements are visible, and when loading is ended, everything is properly paginated and hidden.

regards
    Izzy

Izzy
    Participant

Ok I have still some problems. I have downloaded the file, copied it into 4.5.0 directory, but it doesn’t work as intended. Is anything beside HTML changed?

Support
    Keymaster

Hello, yes, we changed the JS too: js/theme.js and js/examples/examples.portfolio.js

Kind Regards,

Jonas

Izzy
    Participant

Fantastic, it is working.

Regarding first issue

When the page is loading all elements are visible, and when loading is ended, everything is properly paginated and hidden.

adding style=”display: none;” on every li item that is not on first page will fix issue. You had that in 4.5.0 version, but it was removed.

thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is marked as "RESOLVED" and can not rceive new replies.