Home Forums Porto Template the whole thing

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by  Support2. This post has been viewed 99 times
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LarrySwan
    Participant

I’m sorry but I just can’t figure out how I’m suppose to change the layout and the look with this software> hope you can tell me something cause I’m getting nowhere.

Larry Swan
    1larryswan@gmail.com

Template Version: latest
    Support2
    Keymaster

Hello Larry, thanks for your purchase.

Note that Porto is a static HTML template. The HTML templates doesn’t have a “visual tool / cms interface” to edit the content, the template comes with HTML/CSS/JS (and a few optional PHP files for the contact form, newsletter integration, etc…), all the changes must be done using a installed editor, such as Notepad++, Sublime, Dreamweaver, etc… it’s required that you know at least a little bit about code editing in order to customize your own site using the template. After you do all the changes you upload the template to the server (via FTP).

In the zip file that you downloaded there’s a folder called HTML, in that folder you will find the same files as shown in our preview site: http://preview.oklerthemes.com/porto/7.5.0 – Just open the file index.html in your browser and you will see the same demo site. Those are the files that you will use to create your website. All you need to do is to use the example files that comes in the package you download, edit the codes (HTML/JS/CSS) to add your Content using Sublime Text or an Equivalent Text/Code Editor. Creating a website based in a HTML template requires at least a little bit of knowledge in HTML/CSS/JS.

(That’s how all the HTML templates available on ThemeForest work).

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)