Home Forums Porto Template Updates Updating to Version 1.1

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Support 11 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 735 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Support
    Keymaster

There’s a new update of the Porto Template – the version 1.1 – and if you have downloaded it before 19th March 2013 you might want to “merge” it with your own version.

First of all, there’s a good software to help you to compare 2 files, and it’s Kdiff3 – http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/ – I recommend that you download it and use to compare your files with the new ones.

So let’s talk about what is changed in the version 1.1:

Social Media Icons

First thing you have to do is to change the HTML of the header and the footer, to be like this:

Header

Footer

Get it from the new files and replace it in your html files.

If you have changed the theme-elements.css file you have to make some changes and add the css of the icons:

Go to the bottom of the theme-elements.css and copy this (all the social media icons definitions):

Again, please compare the new file and the old one with the Kdiff3 tool.

Finally, copy the file img/social-sprites.png to your folder.

Sticky Menu

The HTML is still the same, what is changed is the CSS and the JS.

CSS Changes:

JS Changes:

Copy the whole new stickyMenu

And add the call in the build initializer:

Modernizr

Just replace the file vendor/modernizr.js to the new one.

Bootstrap

Just replace the file vendor/bootstrap.js to the new one.

Contact Form

If you have an issue with special characters in the contact form submission, please replace the file php/contact-form.php to the new one.

Post bellow if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Lan
    Participant

Hi
    I want to continue to use the old template and not change the social icons, I am only using Twitter anyway.
    Will this be a problem or can I continue to use the older version?
    Do I need to change the modernizer and bootstrap files still?
    Thx

Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, replace the files and use the new ones. They have some minor fixes, but it’s important to make your website compatible with all browsers.

nuno
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m not sure that I have de latest version. But when I purchase my template version I check the option in Themeforest to be notified if the template was update. But, I’m quite sure I purchase before march 2013 soo… I suppose I should update.
    Thanks,
    Nuno Francisco

Support
    Keymaster

Hum, yes, the latest version is from 6 April 13, there was a few bug fixes and new features.

fracazo

Can you describe better? What the name of all files we need to update?

You just say CSS and JS, but, what the name of the file?

Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The files are css/theme.css and js/theme.js

If you have the very first version I recommend to use Kdiff3 to compare all the files.

Thanks

shaminh

Hi,

I have bough the previous version of this template (before bootstrap 3) but have lost my files – could you please send me a link to download teh previous build?

thanks

Support
    Keymaster

Hello @shaminh, please send me a email – crivos@okler.net – so I’ll reply with the source code attached.
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Support.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.