Video is not playing

Home Forums Porto – Responsive HTML5 Template Video is not playing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    webex
    Participant

I have just replace the video file in video folder and trying to run it on server but the video is not playing of background layer.. I am trying index-classic-video.html file… pls help me in this. I have uploaded the video folder on server to chk it.

Support2
    Keymaster

Hello, thanks for your purchase.

We did some tests here and the video is playing in all browsers except the Firefox. This is due a recent update on Firefox that don’t allow the autoplay for videos with sound. This is an issue that the team of Revolution Slider plugin still not fixed. While this is not fixed our suggestion is use a video without sound, like the example we use in our preview:
    http://localhost/_OKLER/Templates/porto/HTML/dev/video/memory-of-a-woman.mp4

Note that in browsers like Chrome and Safari videos with sound are automatically muted when the autoplay is active.

Please, try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Support2.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Support2.
    webex
    Participant

ok thanks, But can you tell me that already in your below code data voloume is mute by default then also it is not playing.. So I have to manually remove the sound of video first and then upload it ? or we can do something from code so the sound would be get mute by default and it can play in firefox browser also…

<div class=”rs-background-video-layer”
    data-forcerewind=”on”
    data-volume=”mute”
    data-videowidth=”100%”
    data-videoheight=”100%”
    data-videomp4=”video/busy.mp4″
    data-videopreload=”preload”
    data-videoloop=”loop”
    data-forceCover=”1″
    data-aspectratio=”16:9″
    data-autoplay=”true”
    data-autoplayonlyfirsttime=”false”
    data-nextslideatend=”false”>
    </div>

Support2
    Keymaster

Hello,

As it is an recent update on Firefox the team of Revolution Slider still don’t provided an updated version of the plugin with the necessary code to apply the data-volume="mute" with autoplay on Firefox. Currently this is correctly applied only on the others browsers.

Yes, you should manually remove the sound of the video and then upload to the server again.

As soon as the Revolution Slider solves this issue and release a new version of Rev Slider, we will update the Porto Template with the new version of Rev Slider.
    Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is marked as "RESOLVED" and can not rceive new replies.