Contact forms have stopped working

Home Forums Porto – Responsive HTML5 Template Contact forms have stopped working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jmanf47
    Participant

Contact forms on three pages have stopped working. Two of the forms are to submit files for membership application, the third is a standard message contact form.

Each page has header/body/footer. The contact php for each page is in the page header.

Please can you help?

Support
    Keymaster

Hello, please send more details about that question.

The forms are working but you just doesn’t receive the emails? Is there any error message? Can you check SPAM folder?

Kind Regards.

jmanf47
    Participant

Hi

sorry – I should have given you this.

The forms seem to be working correctly, I can attach the files etc. On submit the success your email has been sent message – but the emails don’t arrive. I have checked spam.
    There is no error message.

I changed the debug option to 2, but I can’t see any information.

Many thanks!

Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

– My suggestion would be changing the server to another one (we use a2hosting and recommend), or try using Gmail as sender.

First make sure to have a gmail.com account created and with the option for allow less secure apps access enabled, like I explained in my first reply.

With your @gmail.com username and password in your hands, go to “php/contact-form.php” (or the php file you use) and change this:

To this:

* Change YOUR_GMAIL_USERNAME with your @gmail.com username.
    * Change YOUR_GMAIL_PASSWORD with your @gmail.com account password.

Please try that and see if you get the email, just to make sure the error is in the server that is blocking the email.

jmanf47
    Participant

Hi

Thank you – I am now getting this error message:

Error! There was an error sending your message. ()

I changed the email settings for one form as you suggested, and left the other form with the original email sender settings – both get the same error.

Support
    Keymaster

Hi, is there any error message in the server logs?

You can find them in the “logs” folder in the server (if the folder is not there you may contact the server administrator/host provider)

Kind Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is marked as "RESOLVED" and can not rceive new replies.