Home Forums Porto Template Smooth Scroll not working on chrome

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Support3 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 70 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

webconexus
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the Resume Demo from the Porto HTML5 package. However the smooth scroll is not working on chrome browser. Neither for the menu nor the ‘back to top’. In fact it is not even scrolling at all. I click on it and nothing happens. In Safari everything works perfectly.

I am using a recent Chrome version, so I think there might be a small bug in the JavaScript code. However I am more of a back-end guy so I have little knowledge of JavaScript. Can you maybe check it to confirm and point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raf

Template Version: Demo Resume

Support3
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Is the error occurring on the site you are developing or in our preview?
    Could you tell us what your chrome version is?
    Could you tell me if there is any error in the chrome console?

Thanks.

webconexus
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

webconexus
    Participant

webconexus
    Participant

Support3
    Keymaster

Hi,
    one more thing, can you test our preview on your browser and see if the same bug happens?

http://preview.oklerthemes.com/porto/7.1.0/demo-resume.html

webconexus
    Participant

Nope, there it works. Very weird I didn’t make any changes and linked all the scripts. Can you maybe tell me which jQuery package is used for the smooth scroll?

Support3
    Keymaster

This is done by a Jquery function of the bootstrap itself, follows the documentation : https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.2/components/scrollspy/
    If necessary, as soon as possible upload your site and we send the link so we can see in more detail what is happening.

Please, let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Otávio.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)